Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti: Letter from Shelley


My friend Shelley Actis wrote an email this morning regarding Haiti.  She gave me the permission to post it here. 

"Dear Friends and Family- Thank you for all of your prayers as I traveled recently to Haiti. Praise God that He brought me home safely 6 days ahead of the earthquake. The Haiti that I left last Thursday, is simply not the Haiti that stands today. Please continue to pray without ceasing for the loved ones that were left in the wake. It has become so much more real to me having just been there and getting to spend time with those precious people. Praise God that the missionaries and families that I got to work with are all safe!! Some of their friends and extended family members have not been reached as of yet. Pray for His peace to pierce their hearts until they receive word. Port au Prince was once a city of hope, where people would flock in search of a better life. This came at a great cost, leaving behind loved ones in the villages, living on a pittance and in horrible conditions all in the hope of finding a better future. Praise God that He gave us a human spirit with great resiliency. Pray that He will raise up Godly workers to intercede on the Haitians behalf. I had the privilege to work alongside some of those precious workers while I was there. Kristie and Jean Jean Mompremier with UCI are missionaries there that are in the process of packing up their school bus with supplies and making the 6 hour trek to help out. If God so lays it on your heart to help out with those efforts, I can ensure you that your donations will be used with the utmost care. You can visit their website unitedchristiansinternational.org  to get to know them further and put a face with your prayers. Thank you for all the love and prayers that you have poured out to me, I deeply appreciate each and every one of you in my life.  Love in Christ,  Shelley"
 Shelley and Matt Actis are missionary appointees to Columbia along with their four daughters.  They plan to leave for the field in July.  We've worked hand in hand in Belize in the summer of 2008.  Since then, they've worked in Haiti as team leaders.  Leaving his job as a high school teacher in Clovis, Matt is preparing his family to move to Columbia to work as full-time missionaries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment