Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Daily Ponderings: 1 Peter 2:9

 "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."  ~ 1 Peter 2:9
 If you are a follower of Christ, by God's grace you have been granted permission to approach your God directly.  Indeed you are a priest.

In the days of Moses, priests were a special group of people who were designated to offer animal sacrifices to God.  Animals were brought to the temple by the people for the forgiveness of their sins.  However, when Jesus Christ died on the cross He offered the one and perfect sacrifice for all.  He offered His own blood (not of an animal) that qualified you and me to become a child of the Most Holy God.  Now therefore, out of gratitude for this new life, we are called to offer our bodies as living sacrifices.  It is no longer poured-out-blood that pleases Him but a holy life that honors His name. 

 My God, how then shall I live this life?  Grant me wisdom and understanding so that I will choose to please you.  Your word is a lamp to my feet and the light for my path....

No comments:

Post a Comment