Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Daily Ponderings: Psalm 18:2

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. ~ Psalm 18:2

An injured Haitian boy: Scared and holding tightly on what's left
  (Photo from BBC News- January 14, 2010)

Yesterday we heard about the catastrophic earthquake that shook Haiti.  Today the world gets a glimpse of the extent of devastation on so many lives.  Why does God allow these things to happen?

Like a father to his son, God is constantly trying to get our attention as we tread this life.  When we begin to get distracted or when our attention is focused away from Him, He makes His almighty presence known to us.  He does this in big and small ways so that we go back to Him like a child to his father and say, "You are my refuge and my deliverer." 

When everything is gone and life seems hopeless, my God, you are my shield and hope.  Father, take our Haitian brothers and sisters under your wings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment