Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thanksgiving At Cornerstone

~Menu~
Salads
Roast Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Stuffing
Green Bean Casserole
Gravy
Cranberry Sauce
Cranberry Jello
Strawberry Lemonade (very colorful)
Pies (different types)
Decaffeinated Coffee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was an abundance of food.  My plate was full or it looked full because I had salad underneath the mashed potatoes and stuffing.  My coffee came with a slice of pumpkin pie. 

There was good music.  People can really sing well after eating a lot of food.  Or maybe I was just deceived because I go to the morning service where there are very few voices contributing to the sound of music.

There were thanksgiving speeches.  Most of them were very well thought of.   There were also unplanned speeches.  They were all good.  I am a strong believer of telling stories that re-tell about the goodness of God.  Others get encouraged to re-think about their own experiences with God.   I've heard amazing stories tonight.  I appreciate all the people who shared.  There was some hint of emotion...and yet they were able to convey their messages.

I was determined not to speak because it is a very dangerous thing to do and I am aware of my lack of finesse in my speech.  There is a very fine line between sharing to glorify God and that of sharing to glorify my own.

Other than the fellowship there was a purpose for all these... to encourage and be encouraged.  To be encouraged to do what we are supposed to do as part of a body.  To be encouraged to participate in the operations of the body and not to be content as a spectator.  To be encouraged to become part of the "source" and not the "sink" of resources that maintain the body.  We have responsibilities to perform.  If one of member refuses to do his part, by default, the rest will have to take on more of the burden.  We need unity to accomplish the work that God has planned for us in a reasonable speed.

Give.  Give because you have been given. 

No comments:

Post a Comment