Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

We Thank God for Our Pastor

When was the last time you thanked God about your pastor? When was the last time that you told him you appreciate him?  I asked myself the same question and it was embarrassing to find out that I never really sat down and thought about the things that I like about him.   As a family we pray for our pastor every Sunday right before we turn on the car engine to go to church.  We pray that God would help him deliver a good message.  Do you see what's wrong with that?  It is so selfish.  It has not occurred to me that I was praying for something that I would get from him. There is more about your pastor than the sermon that he delivers every Sunday.

"Take time to sit down and reflect kindly about your very own pastor."

It is October 2009.  It is clergy appreciation month.  Take time to sit down and reflect kindly about your very own pastor. Then let him know about it.  True joy comes when we give up a part of our life (including our pride) to bring blessings to someone.  As inspired by Beth Moore, I asked everyone in my family to think of something they like about Pastor Dave Henry.  This is what we came up with, I'm sure your list can be different. 

Dear Pastor,  we appreciate you because:
1.  You are a good listener. 
2.  You have a happy attitude.
3.  You take time to know everyone's name in your congregation
4.  You are passionate about evangelism.
5.  You show your love for your wife, Keisha.

"The LORD bless you and keep you;  the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." 
- Numbers 6:24-2

No comments:

Post a Comment